The Canon Pixma MG6821 is large for a compact printer, but it uses the extra space for a slate of full-size printer features and components that produce top-notch print quality.
The Canon Pixma MG6821 is a full-size desktop printer, but it’s still small enough to be included in our compact printers review; it’s also the only model included both here and on our inkjet printers site. This printer has a relatively small and light design compared to the best home printers, and if you don’t need the most portable printer scanner combo, it also offers some of the best print quality in our review.
The MG6821 is compact for a desktop printer, measuring just 18.0 x 14.6 x 5.9 inches, but weighing 14 pounds, it’s also by far the heaviest of the mini printers we reviewed. That said, it’s still small enough to fit on most desks and large enough to include full-size features like a flatbed scanner and automatic two-sided printing.
Its print quality is the best of the bunch, and it produced better-than-average documents and excellent photos. In our testing, document prints were mostly error free and photo prints were very, very good. Black-and-white documents printed at a rate of 12 pages per minute, while color documents took longer at 7.14 pages per minute.
The Pixma MG6821 uses a five-cartridge system, with regular cyan, magenta, yellow and black inks, along with a pigment black cartridge that creates better blacks and more detail in photos. The cost of printing with standard ink cartridges averages out to 18 cents per page, and when you use high-capacity cartridges, the price falls to 14 cents a page.
Because it’s larger than other compact printers, the Pixma has room for a flatbed scanner, and it produced high-quality scanned and copied documents during our testing. In addition, you can use it to scan from books and stapled documents, both of which are impossible to do with a scrolling page-fed scanner.
The printer’s large size also makes it better at handling paper than most compact models, and it includes a 100-page input tray, a secondary tray that holds 20 sheets of photo paper and a comfortably large output tray. It also has automatic two-sided printing, which is a common feature for standard desktop printers but virtually nonexistent in compact printers.
It also has a complete set of connectivity options, including both USB and Wi-Fi. You can connect smartphones and tablets through Apple AirPrint or Google Cloud Print, and Canon also offers its own app. Wireless PictBridge support lets you print directly from compatible cameras, and the built-in card slots let you print from SD cards, including SD, SDHC and SDXC formats. In addition, it supports Sony’s standard Memory Stick Duo and Memory Stick Pro Duo.
The Canon Pixma MG6821 is backed with a one-year warranty, which is standard for compact printers. Canon offers support via phone and email, with additional materials on its website, including an online manual, troubleshooting guide and FAQs.
Download Canon MG6821 Driver Scanner And Software For Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7 And Mac. The Canon Pixma MG6821 Inkjet printers are best for home or small business use They offer excellent print quality for photos and documents and accept a variety of paper types and sizes.
Wireless and mobile printing capability Connect computers or devices easily with built-in Wi-Fi. Plus, print from your mobile device and from select online Cloud services with Canon Print, AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, Mopria and PictBridge.
Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi (dots per inch) color resolution High resolution for producing incredible quality and detail in documents and photos. Up to 600 x 600 dpi when printing black only.
Windows Operation Systems:
- Windows 10(32bit)
- Windows 10(64bit)
- Windows 8.1(32bit)
- Windows 8.1(64bit)
- Windows 8(32bit
- Windows 8(64bit)
- Windows 7(32bit)
- Windows 7(64bit)
- Windows Vista(32bit)
- Windows Vista(64bit)
- Windows XP(32bit)
- Windows XP(64bit)
Full Feature Driver And Software Details For Windows
Manufacture : Canon
Hardware : Canon Pixma MG6821
Software name : MG6800 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)
File Name : win-mg6800-1_0-jucd.exe
Version : 1.0
File Size : 48.18 MB
Mac OS X Operation System :
- Mac OS X El Capitan v10.11
- Mac OS X Yosemite v10.10
- Mac OS X Maverick v10.9
- Mac OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.5
- Mac OS X Lion v10.7
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard v10.6
- Mac OS X Leopard v10.5
Full Feature Printer Driver And Software Details For Mac
Manufacture : Canon
Hardware : Canon Pixma MG6820
Software Name : MG6800 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)
File Name : mac-mg6800-1_1-mcd.dmg
Version : 1.1
Post Date : 12/10/15
File size : 7.90 Mb
Driver Download or the Installation for Windows Operating System:
How to install the driver for Canon PIXMA MG6821:
- First, you need to click the link provided for download, then select the option “Save” or “Save as”. Clicking “Save” is for downloading the file. Meanwhile if you choose “Run” or “Open”, the file downloaded will be automatically installed after the downloading process is completed.
- For your information, the driver file that you download will be saved in a certain folder that you have set before, especially in the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- The last step is double clicking the downloaded file that has the format EXE file for the decompress process. Then, the installation will be automatically started.
How to uninstall the driver by using Control Panel.
Note: The following steps are for Windows 7. The different versions may have the different settings.
- Come to the Start menu, then you need to choose Control panel –> choose the driver and click “Uninstall a Program.”
- Wait until a page is appear with the list of the installed program. Then you need to double click the program that you want to uninstall.
- At last, choose “Yes” and “Ok”. The uninstall process is completed.
Driver Download or Installation process for Mac Operating System:
How to install driver of Canon PIXMA MG6821 in Mac:
- First, you need the file of the driver. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder. You can see it at the computer settings.
- Second, you need to double click the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- The third step is that you need to double click again the mounted Disk Image.
- At last, double clicking the packaged driver file. Do not worry, the installation is about to be started automatically.
However, the step-by-step of the installation (and vice versa), it can be differed depend upon the platform or device that you use for the installation of Canon PIXMA MG6821. The above mentioned, the installation is occurred using Windows 7 and Mac for windows XP or windows 8 is not much different way.